- Room Service
- Free WiFi
- Pets Allowed
Policies and Statements
At Sharrow Bay, we treat our guests as individuals; we have a range of facilities catering for people of all abilities, above 12 years of age.
Making the Reservation
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax or email.
- Should you wish to take a taxi from Penrith Train Station, this is a 20 minute drive.
- Newcastle Airport is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes away.
- We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements pre-arrival.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website under the Contact Us section or we can post, fax or email them.
- Car Park is mostly on a level ground a short distance from the main door.
- The car park is laid to tarmac.
- Drop-off point at the front door by the front door. Porter assistance for both cars and luggage
- Reception is all on one level
Inside the Hotel
- Access to the Restaurant and ground floor public rooms is on a flat surface, fully carpeted
- Staff trained in disability awareness
- Assistance dogs only in the Main House areas, and pet dogs in designated areas
- We do not have a lift at the hotel
- Toilet facilities have restricted access for wheelchair users.
- Allergy-free pillows and duvets available
- Full waiter service provided at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs
- Menus also available in large print on request
- There is ample moveable seating and there are chairs without arms, or banquette-style seats
- Restaurant tables are laid with white linen
- The restaurant area is well lit, with lots of natural daylight during daytime hours
- Our gardens can be accessed via a slope at the side of the hotel.
- In the event of evacuation the bells will ring continuously. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Sharrow Bay values its people, guests and the environment equally and is committed to continuous improvement in its approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. All employees are encouraged to follow the principles of the policy to assist the hotel in meeting its CSR objectives.
Sharrow Bay aims to continuously improve our green activity through the following steps:
- Up-keeping good general maintenance of the hotel building.
- Maintain a level of no litter and an excellent visual impression at all times.
- Remaining a no smoking property.
Management and Marketing:
- Continue to increase staff environmental awareness, creating a green culture.
- Try and obtain Green Tourism Award
- Support both local and international social responsibility projects and remain active in the community.
- Offer a range of family focused green activities and ensure we remain an accessible business.
Energy and Water:
- We are constantly striving to reduce the hotel's carbon footprint by monitoring energy use.
- We are decreasing our energy requirements by better design of refurbished areas and installation of energy efficient equipment wherever possible (for example to save electricity we have installed timer switches in key staff areas).
- Low energy lighting and individual heating controls in the rooms.
- We always operate green laundry practices where possible.
- Every effort is made to ensure noise and light emissions to surrounding neighbourhood are minimised
- We actively encourage guests to re-use their towels if they are staying for a few days.
- We are committed to responsibly sourced food products and ingredients, following seasonal trends and reducing food miles by sourcing from the local area whenever possible. We source quality ingredients from artisan suppliers within the area, with bread and meat (and most vegetables and cheeses) originating within a few miles of the hotel.
- We encourage all departments to use local suppliers and contractors, where possible to actively support the local community and reduce delivery and travelling mileage.
- We purchase fair-trade and ethical products where possible and use eco-friendly cleaning products when available.
- We recycle all waste paper, glass, cardboard and plastic bags.
- Waste food and used kitchen oil is collected, composted and recycled.
- We implement sound gardening practices and composting.
- Any hazardous waste substances are minimized and effectively disposed of.
For further information on our green initiatives please contact the hotel directly on 01768 486301.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from within promoationla emails you receive from us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, your browsing expeirience may be seriously imparred.
Here is a detailed list of the cookies we use and what they are used for:
Cookie Name: __utma, __umtb, __utmc, __utmz
Cookie Use: Used by google analytics to provide the site owner with analysis of who uses the site, what they are looking for and other information. This allows the site owner to know what people are searching for. This information can be used in the future to improve the site content.
Cookie Name: PHPSESSID
Cookie Use: A session that is set by this site to allow the it to know who you are and differentiate you from other users. It doesn't know any personal data such as name, just that you are user "#1234".